Having the right hair color makes such a big difference in how you look, which is why choosing the correct one is so important. We all have different skin tones and types and it's not always as simple as just choosing a color and going for it. If you aren't trained in color theory, you won't know what the most flattering hues go with your skin color.
As information on the internet isn't always accurate or clear, I've decided to put together some tips and images to help you along! This weeks installment is: BLONDES
Determining your Skin Tone can often be the hardest part, So here are some descriptions and some celebrity examples of each skin tone.
- Fair types often have freckles and may suffer some redness. They burn easily, may have sensitive skin, and may have cool or warm undertones. Celebrity examples: Nicole Kidman, Gwen Stefani, Reese Witherspoon and Kate Bosworth
- Light types may burn in the sun, but then that burn often turns to a tan. They may suffer some spotty redness, such as on the cheeks only, and their skin may be somewhat sensitive. Both cool and warm undertones are possible. Celebrity examples: Kirsten Dunst, Scarlett Johansson, Amanda Seyfried and Britney Spears
- Medium types don’t usually have to worry about burning much, and often have warm undertones. Those who look like they have a tan year-round even without sun exposure may have “olive” skin with a warm or neutral undertone. Celebrity examples: Jennifer Aniston, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Cameron Diaz
- Dark types rarely burn and usually have warm undertones. Often describes African Americans and women of Indian descent. Celebrity examples: Jennifer Lopez, Beyonce,
Tyra Banks, and Mary J. Blige
- Very dark types may be described as “ebony” or “deep” and can have warm or cool undertones. Celebrity examples: Gabrielle Union, Rihanna, Kelly Rowland, and Lauren Hill
The Above are great options for those with Fair and Light Skin Tones with Pink Undertones
The Above are great options for those with Medium Skin Tones and Olive Undertones
The Above are great options for those with Medium to Dark Skin Tones and Golden Undertones
The Above are great options for those with Medium to Darker Skin Tones and Warm Undertones